Everyone who joins the Movement is a Supporter. By taking this first step to support the movement you are helping to improve the lives of people with mental health problems all over Scotland by letting them know you care.
Being a supporter means you are part of something. You've joined people all over the country and together we can end mental health stigma and discrimination.
Becoming a supporter
As a Supporter there are a number of things you can do right now to get your voice heard.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Get in touch when you hear or experience discriminatory behaviour via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or through Facebook and Twitter
- Challenge discrimination when you come across it and tell us what happened as a result
- Share your experiences by speaking out or writing about them
- Tell your friends and family about the Movement and encourage them to become a Supporter too
- Give us your views about topical issues in polls, surveys or in response to something we share on social media
- Help shape our programmes by letting us know what matters in your area
- Attend events bringing like minded people together who care about ending mental health stigma and discrimination.
- Become a Stigma Stopwatcher. Tell us when you see something in the media which is stigmatising or discriminates against people with mental health problems. Together we can write to the publication involved and put out comments via social media.
Join our movement for change
It's easy for you to tackle stigma and discrimination. You can do as little or as much as you're able to and it all helps.Join now