See Me in Health and Social Care – Lived Experience Gathering, 19th October
Posted by See Me, 20 September 2017
We're holding a session for people to use their experience of mental health issues, to let us know what problems they have experienced in health and social care and to hear about our plans for tackling stigma in this area.
It will be a great chance for people to give their views, have their questions answered, share opportunities they know of, and become part of a network of like-minded people who want to influence, stay up to date, and have the opportunity to become involved in this strand of work going forward.
There will also be a great opportunity to see the kind of work you can become involved in, as we will be joined by a representative from the Scottish Government, who will discuss the Digital Heath and Social Care Strategy 2017-2022 and hear your views on it.
To register interest or get more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art
2 Castle Street
Date and Time:
Thursday 19th October 2017 – 10am-4pm
- Share our work in health and social care with people with lived experience, sense-check our approach with them, and give them examples of specific pieces of activity we’re currently engaged in or will be in the near future.
- Create a network of people who are interested in the work we are doing in health and social care, and want to be involved and/or kept up to date.
- Create a network of informed people who may go on to volunteer with us on specific pieces of work.
- Find out from people the best way of keeping them informed or asking for their participation in specific pieces of work.
- Find out from people if they know of any opportunities within their local Health and Social Care Partnership or local area where our activity could strengthen work that is already going on in relation to stigma and discrimination.