Calling for case studies of anti-stigma work in Perinatal and Infant Mental Health
Posted by See Me, 10 February 2023
Are you a healthcare practitioner, commissioner, and/or provider of perinatal and infant mental health services in Scotland?
Along with the Mental Health Foundation we are looking for good practice case studies of initiatives and examples of work that help reduce perinatal and infant mental health stigma, no matter how big or small they are.
We know that a lot of good anti-stigma work is happening right now in Scotland and would like to shine a light on it!
The case studies will be used to create a set of good practice guidelines in a national resource, commissioned by the Scottish Government and expected to be published in spring 2023. Please note that the deadline for case study submissions is Friday, 3 March 2023.
Each case study should demonstrate good practice in relation to a specific guideline, providing key information about the service and/or intervention, what was the purpose or gap/issue needing to address, activity and outcomes, as well as key learning and information about patient / service user involvement. Here’s a list of the guidelines:
- Guideline 1: Inclusive commissioning
- Guideline 2: Leadership commitment to mental health inclusion
- Guideline 3: Inclusive service design and provision
- Guideline 4: Supporting policy into practice
- Guideline 5: Peer support
- Guideline 6: Workforce development and capacity
- Guideline 7: Addressing stigma at different levels
To help you produce your case studies we put together the following:
- Invitation with background information (Word)
- Literature review: “Addressing Stigma in Perinatal and Infant Mental Health” (PDF)
- Evidence-based good practice guidelines document (PDF)
- Case study template (Word)
- Online case study submission form
For enquiries, please contact Dr Patty Lozano-Casal, Programme Manager (Settings), email@example.com.