How Are You Doing?
This activity will prompt a discussion on how best to help someone with mental ill-health.
What you will need: Worksheets and film
What to do:
- Play the film at the start of the class.
- After the film, divide the class into groups and hand out one worksheet per group.
- Ask each group to write down what emotions each character on the worksheet has experienced and write down why they think the character felt this way.
- Give the class 10 minutes for this and during this time play the film again.
- Once they have finished engage the group in a discussion on their answers. Ask them what they would or could have done to support each character.
- Allow your class to take responsibility of the discussion at the end by nominating one person from the group to present their thoughts and respond to questions.
- Project the worksheet on your white board and ask pupils to write down their answers.
Pupils learn skills and strategies that will support them, or help them offer support to friends in challenging times.
'HWB 0-07a / HWB 1-07a / HWB 2-07a / HWB 3-07a / HWB 4-07a
I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss.'